Services We Offer at Oliveira Pools
If you are in need of new pool construction or pool remodeling, you can benefit from the services that we offer at Oliveira Pools. We also offer assistance with the following:
New Pool Construction & Pool Remodeling Definitions
Following are some definitions that can help you develop a stronger understanding of the new pool construction and pool remodeling services we offer in Southern California:
- Assist Rail: Required on commercial and public swimming pools, an assist rail is a handrail at the entry steps in the shallow end of the pool or spa. One style extends out over the water for residential pools, one style goes down into the water to the last step for commercial pools.
- Bond: To stick or adhere to the underlying surface.
- Bond Coat: Apply to the pools structure after sandblasting to provide a uniform surface for replastering.
- Belly Band: Required on commercial and public pools deeper than five feet, a belly band is a row of non-slip tile, installed across the floor where the shallow end stops and the slope to the deep end begins.
- Code: For commercial and public pools related to Health Dept. regulations. For new construction, this relates to city’s building department regulations.
- Deck Box: An illegal, unsafe, electrical connection under the pool deck where power connects to pool lights.
- Delamination: Plaster coming off the pool’s underlying structure.
- Depth Markers: For commercial and public pools, depth markers are required in the waterline tile and sanded non-slip tiles on the deck.
- Grab Rails: Used with wall steps in the deep end, these are a pair of metal handrails installed in the swimming pool deck and extending over the water to help swimmers exit the pool.
- Gunite: A type of concrete used to build the structure of the pool.
- G.F.I. (Ground Fault Interrupter): Tool that shuts down an electrical circuit when wet.
- J-Box (Junction Box): Above ground receptacle for power connection from power source to pool light.
- Plaster: A white cement and crushed lime product that cures underwater, holds the water in the swimming pool and is a smooth maintainable surface.
- Rebar Stains: Dark brown or black stains, usually circular in shape, caused by water coming in contact with steel in the concrete structure.
- Trim Tile: Continuous strip of small tiles set on the top edge of steps and benches in pool plaster.
- Wall Steps: Used with grab rails, these are footholds cut into the pool wall in the deep end to be used as an exit.
When you speak with a member of our team, we can discuss the financing options we have available. Contact us at (562) 690-2272 at your earliest convenience.